More New Toys! More Challenges!

September 2, 2009

Well . . . after much thought and stragle, I finally decided to replace my Cuttlebug Machine, for the Spellbinders Wizard Machine! Why the change? well, let's just I say I got tired of trying to remember how a sandwich went every time I wanted to use my Cuttlebug, and after watching a few videos on this machine over at youtube, I decided this would be much easier, and you know what? It is! It really is! same two mats for cutting, same two mats for embossing! You only have to replace your spacer mat, which is this case is an awesome magnetic mat to keep to Nesties from moving! and for embossing your regular embossing mat, and you are set! I have been experimenting with diffent dies, and found that the regular sandwich they advice for Provo Craft dies, doesn't really work, the rollers just don't engage! For now and until I get the charm embossing kit that is also needed to be able to use your Cuttlebug Embossing folders, I used the Cutting plate that come with the machine and that is suppose to be used with Sissix dies plus my C plate from the Cuttlebug and that did the trick, but I suspect one I have that other blue plate from the kit that will work just fine! So yeah at the end I just find this machine much easier to use! The embossing is awesome too!

So as an excuse to use the new toys, I decided to make my daughter a new door hanger, since the one she had was quite pitifull already, plus I wanted to really use this image that remainds me so much of her and her new horse Savanah. She wanted something Purple so that is what I used! Not easy, but I somehow managed! I wanted soemthing to reflect tag so I used a few brads ans hardware on a brass like colour. I also used my new Martha Stewart Punch Arch Lattice Edge Puch, love it! She does have some really pretty punches! The Image I used is one I got at one of the Splitcoaststampers image swaps, is the "Giddyupabella" from Stamping Bella. The DP paper is just generic paper from Michael's.

On the second card I used some pretty DP paper from My Mind's Eye, Grow and Bloom collection, which match perfectly with SU new In Colors, Bermuda Bay and Dusty Durango. The base card is SU Naturals White. In both cards I also used my Nestabilities Labels Two. The Image on this one is also from a SCS swap and it is "Lazy Days" from Penny Black. "Happy Birthday" message is from SU Teeny Tiny Wishes Stamp Set and cut with SU small and Large Oval Punches. Everything was coloured with Copic Sketch Markers, including the Dew Drops!

That's it! Enjoy!

1 comments:

alica said...

love your creations, especially the hedgie. Have fun with your new toy ;)